At FIRST E&P we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment, operating conditions, equipment and systems of work for the protection of all its employees, contractors, and third parties. We always endeavor to protect the health and safety of other people who may be affected by our activities.
FIRST E&P ensures that Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of Work with Effective Control Measures are in place for all the company’s activities, either executed directly or through our contractors or other third parties. The appropriate guidance is set out in our HSE management system which meets internationally accepted industry practice.
Health Safety, Security, and Environment are the responsibility of all employees, Contractors & other Third Parties.
Life Saving Rules
We will implement this policy with the following strategies:
- Lead by example and demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE).
- Promote an HSE culture through visible and active participation, and recognizing, reinforcing and rewarding good HSE performance.
- Ensure that Health, Safety, and Environment considerations are given first priority over our other business considerations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and the company HSE Policy Standard and Processes at all times.
- Apply a systemic approach to HSE management that achieves continuous HSE performance improvement; including setting strict HSE objectives and performing regular audits and review.
- Design our workplaces and work activities to minimize the risks to personnel and the environment.
- Encourage the use of the best available technology to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment, particularly with regard to the efficient use of materials, the minimization of waste, and the prevention of pollution.
- Ensure our personnel has the required competencies for their tasks with the provision of HSE training and coaching, awareness programs and personal protective equipment (PPE) in order to manage HSE risks to As Low As Reasonably Possible (ALARP).
- Develop communication channels to ensure the HSE policy and its objectives are understood by all employees, personnel, contractors and related stakeholders, and to actively seek their input and feedback.