At FIRST E&P, We conduct our activities in a manner that is responsive to the social and economic needs of our neighbouring communities. We, therefore, actively engage our neighbouring communities to seek broad-based support.
We believe that understanding and addressing the interest of communities where we work is an important factor in maintaining a successful and sustainable business which is why we make sure we minimize and mitigate any negative impact of our operations and ensure that through our social performance strategy, neighboring communities benefit from our presence on a sustainable basis.
Our key stakeholders include neighbouring communities, landlords, Local Governments, State Government, Federal Governments (NNPC, NAPIMS, DPR etc.).
Social Performance is the responsibility of all staff in FIRST E&P.
We implement this policy by:
- Recognizing and promoting social performance as an integral part of the FIRST E&P business.
- Incorporating social performance requirements into project planning and execution.
- Actively consulting with key stakeholders and seek broad community support for our activities.
- Ensuring that our social investments are sustainable and support the development priorities of our neighbouring communities and in line with government’s developmental aspirations.
- Always assessing the socio-economic context of our operations to identify the potential impact, risks and opportunities for FIRST E&P and our stakeholders.
- Respecting the people, local customs, beliefs, and cultures of our neighbouring communities.
- Supporting Health/well-being and Education charities through sponsorship and donations where possible and appropriate.
- Ensuring that contractors engaged by FIRST E&P positively impact the environment and communities.